Welcome to the website of Ringwood Town Council.
The aim of this website is to inform the public about the Council’s work, its services, the facilities available, together with information about the town.
Ringwood, in the County of Hampshire, is the Western Gateway to the beautiful New Forest, at a crossing point of the River Avon. For centuries it has been the traditional market town of the New Forest with its market charter dating back to 1226.
National lockdown restrictions
New lockdown restrictions for England have been introduced.
You must stay at home.
The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
You should follow this guidance immediately.
The law will be updated to reflect these new rules.
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary.
You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible.
Ringwood Gateway is closed until further notice.
For further updates on the latest situation and changes to Council business, please see this page