Want to report a problem on a local road, footpath or verge?

Here’s a short guide explaining how to do it.

Most problems can be reported online to Hampshire County Council:

Examples of problems you can report include:

  • Potholes and other road problems
  • Trees and hedges
  • Flooding / Drainage
  • Paving
  • Faulty Lights
  • Broken Signs
  • Salt Bins (requests for refills or new bins or to report damage)
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Fly-tipping
  • Dead animals

You will be asked to describe the problem and its exact location, and you can submit up to 3 photographs if you like.

Your report will be acknowledged by email (if you have asked to be kept updated) and a reference number will be issued, which you can then use to track it.

If you don’t have access to the internet, you can ‘phone the Hampshire County Council Highways Department on 01329 225393.

Similarly, any problems on Rights of Way can be reported online:

If you want to report a problem with the A31 or its slip roads, you will need to contact Highways England Customer Contact Centre by email or ‘phone 0300 123 5000 (24 hour)

If you need any help reporting problems, please visit us at Ringwood Gateway or ‘phone us on 01425 473883.