Ringwood Winter Wanderland – Christmas Lights Switch On
The 2021 Winter Wanderland kicks off with our annual community event on Sunday 28th November.
Please read the important notes below about travel and parking.
You can view the programme or pick up a copy from Ringwood Gateway.
The free event takes place on the High Street and Market Place and includes:
- A market with over 60 stalls made up of local arts and crafts, produce, gifts and charity stalls PLUS hot food and drink including mulled wine and cider, hog roast, bratwurst, stone baked pizza and a well-stocked bar
- Santa’s Grotto and his reindeer. The Grotto is situated on Star Lane near Timber and Café Velo. It opens at noon and the price is just £3 per child which includes a gift.
Under 1s are free but don’t receive a gift. We have two reindeer visiting who are being looked after by Santa’s elves (of course!) Santa has to leave by 5pm to prepare to turn the lights on so please join the queue early (4pm at the latest) to avoid disappointment
- Two Santa parades – the first leaves the town centre car parks at 11:30am and includes a horse drawn carriage. He will drop into The Furlong Shopping Centre on his way to his Grotto. The second parade leaves at 5:45pm and his ‘sleigh’ is being provided by Ringwood Round Table
- There is a small fairground in Market Place as well as street entertainment throughout the afternoon
- Ringwood and Burley Band and guests are performing on the High Street from 12pmto 6pm.
- From 2.00pm to the end of the event (6.30pm) we have stage entertainment in Market Place starting with a Church Choir and includes Tommy Ryan ‘Sounds like Bublé’, the Rock Choir and finishes with Scarlet Swing
- Santa will turn on the town lights on at 6pm to turn on the town Christmas Lights.
NB this is an outdoor event and so the programme may be subject to change
The event is organised by Ringwood Town Council, but we are delighted to have the support from Ringwood Rotary, Men’s Shed and Round Table to help on the day and generous financial contributions from local businesses
Getting here and parking
There are road works around the town which will cause delays so please plan your travel accordingly. Parking for the event is in the main Town Centre car parks but these will fill up
YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO WALK IF POSSIBLE.
If you are you coming mainly to shop in the market we advise you to come early as it can get very busy later on (if the weather is kind to us, of course!).
As noted above, if you are hoping to see Santa in his grotto we advise you to come early. It is likely that we will have to close the queue before 4pm because Father Christmas has to leave to prepare to turn the lights on at 5pm and he would hate to disappoint any children in the queue.
Market stall holders
Those who have booked onto the event and paid will receive an email by Monday 15th November with information including setting up times and packing away. Please check that you have received this email and if not contact Charmaine Bennett.
For reference – Terms and Conditions – All Stalls
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org