Most of Ringwood Town Council’s services are funded from the Council Tax paid by householders in Ringwood. Council Tax, which is collected by New Forest District Council, also funds services of the District Council, Hampshire County Council, Hampshire Constabulary and Fire Authority.

Unlike County and District Councils, the Town Council does not receive funds from central government or income from rates paid by local businesses. Ringwood Town Council raises some funds from fees and charges (for example for sports facilities).

Each year Ringwood Town Council calculates the budget required to provide its services. The expected income from fees and charges is deducted to leave the balance required for services and any capital projects. This sum is called the ‘Precept’; it is the amount the Town Council asks the District Council to collect for it as a proportion of the total Council Tax paid by householders of Ringwood.

Financial Regulations - adopted 2021

2020-2021 Accounts

2019-2020 Accounts

2018-2019 Accounts

2017-2018 Accounts

Completion of Audit for Year Ending 31 March 2018

We are required by law to publish notice of completion of the annual audit by 30 September 2018.

However, our external auditors, PKF Littlejohn, have yet to complete their review – please see attached notice for details.

The final report will be published as soon as it is received

Audited Accounts