Most of Ringwood Town Council’s services are funded from the Council Tax paid by householders in Ringwood. Council Tax, which is collected by New Forest District Council, also funds services of the District Council, Hampshire County Council, Hampshire Constabulary and Fire Authority.
Unlike County and District Councils, the Town Council does not receive funds from central government or income from rates paid by local businesses. Ringwood Town Council raises some funds from fees and charges (for example for sports facilities).
Each year Ringwood Town Council calculates the budget required to provide its services. The expected income from fees and charges is deducted to leave the balance required for services and any capital projects. This sum is called the ‘Precept’; it is the amount the Town Council asks the District Council to collect for it as a proportion of the total Council Tax paid by householders of Ringwood.
Financial Regulations - adopted 2021
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit
- Governance & Accounting Statements
- External Audit and Certificate
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Report 2020/21
- Members Allowances claimed 2020/21
- Notice of Public Rights - from 28 June 21 - 6 August 21
- Fees and Charges from 1 April 2020
- Budget Summary
- Notice of Public Rights 2020
- Budget 2019 - 2020
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Report 2019/20
- Fees and Charges from 1 April 2019
- Period for the exercise of public rights : 28th June - 31st July 2019 and Annual Governance Statement for year ending 31/3/19
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Report 2018/19
Completion of Audit for Year Ending 31 March 2018
We are required by law to publish notice of completion of the annual audit by 30 September 2018.
However, our external auditors, PKF Littlejohn, have yet to complete their review – please see attached notice for details.
The final report will be published as soon as it is received
- Period for the exercise of public rights: 2nd July - 10th August 2018
- Annual Governance Statement for year ending 31/03/18
- Internal Audit Report 2017-18
- Policy on Income Recovery
- Treasury Management Policy