The Council’s play areas will remain open after new coronavirus restrictions are introduced on 5th November.
Please follow this advice when using the play areas:
Scientific advice suggests that the Covid-19 virus can survive for up to several days on some hard surfaces.
The risks are reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain.
Whilst all possible measures have been put in place, the user of this equipment does so at their own choice and risk.
- Maintain a 2m distance between yourself and others (or 1m plus if this is not possible)
- 1 family member to accompany 1 child
- Sanitise your hands before, during, and after using the play park, especially after touching play equipment and the access gates
- Wash your hands thoroughly when you get home
- When using equipment, do not touch the face
- If the play area is busy, please wait or come back at another time
- Do not consume food and drink
- Use bins provided or take your litter home with you
- To enable as many children as possible to enjoy the equipment, please limit the time spent in the play area, especially when it is busy
- Please be patient and kind
Ringwood Town Council maintains 3 play areas:
Designed for children up to the age of 10, the refurbished Ash Grove Play Area was opened on 15 March 2012.
As it is in a semi-rural location, the area has been designed to have a rustic feel, with plenty of grassy areas, lots of seating, big tree stumps for jumping across, as well as slides, swings, a rocker and climbing frames.
The project was made possible by a grant of £20,000 from The Veolia Environmental Trust through the Landfill Communities Fund, the release of £20,000 from Developers’ Contributions and funding from Ringwood Town Council of £20,000.
This is a small play area so named because it is located adjacent to the road where the annual toad crossing patrol is carried out by volunteers.
The play area is designed for use by children up to the age of 8 and has a climbing frame, swings, seesaw and rocker.
Designed for use by children up to the age of 14, Carvers Play Area has not one but two slides!
One slide is double width so mum or dad can go with toddlers or children can slide in pairs. You will also find swings, climbing frames and rockers here. Location: Carvers Recreation Ground, Southampton Road.
There is a community café - see the Carvers Clubhouse page