Ringwood Cemetery is set in a beautiful, peaceful site, enhanced by mature trees, shrubs and hedges, in Hightown Road.
Ringwood Town Council is the Burial Authority, with responsibility for maintenance and administration.
The Old Part of the Cemetery opened in 1864; records show the first interment was in this year. It is approximately 7 acres in size, with 6,000 grave spaces and a Garden of Rest. The Chapel and Bell Tower were demolished in 1960.
The Cemetery was extended in the early part of the 20th Century, and enrolled in the Registry Books by Deed of Conveyance on 4 May 1921. Part of the New Burial Ground was consecrated on 5 November 1936 and there was a further consecration ceremony in 1979.
The newer part of the Cemetery is approximately four fifths of an acre, with around 720 ashes plots in the New Garden of Rest and 400 graves spaces.
War Graves - there are 30 on the war graves list.
- Cemetery Fees from 1 April 2019
- Cemetery Regulations - Adopted on 6 March 2019
- Interment Form
- Application to erect a memorial
Ringwood Cemetery Address: