Due to the ongoing and fast changing situation with regards to COVID-19, we are closely monitoring advice from government and will update this page with any changes to council business.
The majority of Town Council services will continue, but please note the following:
- In accordance with government guidance, the Council’s office staff are mainly working from home rather than at Ringwood Gateway.
- Ringwood Gateway will be closed until further notice.
- Calls to the Council’s general number (01425) 473883 may not be answered, but messages will be responded to as soon as possible. Any items of post may not be dealt with for a number of days. If possible, please email correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org which is monitored on a daily basis.
- Council meetings will continue to be held remotely using Zoom, and members of the public are welcome to participate.
- The Council’s open spaces, playgrounds and Cemetery will continue to be maintained.
- The Council’s play areas will remain open – further advice is available here: play areas page
- In line with government guidance, the Skate Park is closed – further advice is available here: skate park page
- Guidance for funeral directors is available here
- Carvers Clubhouse will be closed until further notice.
For the latest information on New Forest District Council services, visit their website: https://www.newforest.gov.uk/coronavirus
For the latest information on Hampshire County Council services, visit their website: https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/coronavirus
For the latest information from central government, visit the website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The following Helplines are available to provide information and advice:
Hampshire Coronavirus Support and Helpline 0333 370 4000 – available 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm
Details of New Forest Voluntary Organisations and Foodbanks can be viewed on this poster
WHERE TO GET HELP DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
• A discussion about guarding mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
• The Silver Line (advice and friendship for the elderly) 0800 470 80 90 https://www.thesilverline.org.uk
• Age UK (telephone friendship service for over 60s) 0800 678 1602 https://www.ageuk.org.uk
• Hampshire Domestic Abuse Service 03300 165 112
• National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247
• Childline 0800 1111
• Respect Phoneline 0808 8024 040
New Forest Voluntary Organisations Poster
Although Citizens Advice New Forest has stopped all face to face services until further notice, they are still available by phone, email or webchat, and there is up to date information on the website www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
To read the poster, please follow the link New Forest Voluntary Organisations