Ringwood & District Twinning Association and links to our Twinned Town Pont Audemer in France.
People are needed who would be interested in hosting visitors from Pont-Audemer in 2015 and in return visiting France in 2016. Find out more ...
AGM of Ringwood & District Twinning Association
Wednesday June 14th 2017 7.0pm for 7.30pm start
Forest Suite The Gateway Building Ringwood.
What are our aims?
- To encourage Ringwood & District residents to develop friendships and understanding with the people of Pont-Audemer
- To learn about the history, life style and culture of another country
What do we want to do now?
- Invite Pont-Audemer residents to visit Ringwood every two years
- Organise a reciprocal bi-annual visit to Pont-Audemer
- Establish a group of like-minded people to host these visitors
- Organise a reception and an outing to a local attraction
- Organise a social event for one evening of the visit and ask that you organise an outing for your guests on the second day
- Support some ad hoc visits between people of the two towns
How do we fund Twinning events?
- Charge a membership fee
- Organise fund raising social events, no council money is involved
- Invite sponsorship from local companies
What have we done so far?
- Visited Pont-Audemer and seen their enthusiasm for the Twinning
- Linked sporting and cultural groups in Ringwood with their counterparts in Pont-Audemer
- Hosted a visit by the Pont-Audemer Twinning committee
- Supported Ringwood Camera Club visit to Pont-Audemer
- Supported the RMDS concert visit to Pont-Audemer
- Organised three fund raising events
- Advertised our events on the Town web site and in local newspapers
I don’t speak the language, how do I cope?
- We will try to ensure that your visitors will speak some English
- Sign language and humour usually works, so does a glass of wine!
How do I do get involved?
- Telephone the membership secretary Trevor Pogson on 07825 093832
- E-mail the honorary secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Pont-Audemer is a commune, with a population of approximately 9,000, in the Department of Eure in the Upper Normandy Region. Like Ringwood with the Avon, a distinctive feature of the town is its river, the Risle. The medieval core of half timbered houses adjacent to the small network of canals is a charming and interesting backdrop to the more modern parts of the town.
|Honorary Secretary||Colin Nyeemail@example.com|
|Membership Secretary||Trevor Pogson||07825 093832|
Our annual membership fees are:
|Family or Group:||£10 (2 votes entitlement per group)|
|Minors in full time education are entitled to free membership.|
Please contact Trevor Pogson on 07825 093832 for further information and a membership form.
Come & join us – we need your support to make your Association thrive.