A31 Hampshire – Westbound Safety Barrier Replacement and Resurfacing
Kier Highways, on behalf of Highways England, will be carrying out the
following two schemes along the A31 in Hampshire during November to ensure the network remains in a safe and serviceable condition:
- replace approximately 600 metres of safety barrier along the A31 westbound verge near Ringwood
- resurface a section of the A31 westbound carriageway between the Ocknell and Backley enclosures
Work is currently scheduled to start on Monday 6 November 2017* and is expected to take four weeks to complete (Monday to Friday only).
The two schemes will be combined to keep overall disruption to a minimum. To undertake both schemes at the same time, and for the safety of our workforce and customers, the following traffic management restrictions will be in place along the A31:
- Daytime narrow lanes with a 50mph speed restriction in place between Poulner Hill and the Ringwood Interchange
- Closures of the A31 westbound carriageway from junction 2 of the M27 to the A338 Ringwood Interchange overnight, between 10pm and 6am
During overnight closures of the A31, a clearly signed diversion will be in place from junction 2 of the M27, south on the A326 to Totton, west along the A35 through Lyndhurst to Christchurch, then north on the A338 rejoining the A31 at the Ashley Heath Roundabout.
This project is registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, a voluntary initiative designed to improve the image of construction.
By registering this project, we have committed to adhere to the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice which asks that we care about our appearance, respect the community, protect the environment, secure everyone’s safety and value our workforce.
To find out more about the Scheme, please visit www.ccscheme.org.uk
Highways England Ltd Bridge House,
1 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ
Tel: 0300 123 5000 Email: email@example.com
Registered in England No. 05606089
Registered Company Name: Kier Highways Limited
Registered Office: Tempsford Hall, Sandy, Bedfordshire
SG19 2BD United Kingdom
We would like to apologise in advance for any disturbance or inconvenience caused during the works. If you have any questions, or if you’d like you
If you have any questions, or if you’d like to know about our work please contact us on 0300 123 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please be aware that these works have been carefully programmed but are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.